A new study by Art Technology Group Inc., based on a July 2010 poll of 1,002 U.S. consumers age 18 and over, says that more shoppers are using their mobile phones to research and buy products, a trend that’s especially strong among young adults.
In the 18 to 34 age group, the report says:
- 46% of consumers had used a mobile device for shopping-related activities;
- 41% of consumers had purchased via a mobile phone;
- 20% had compared pricing among retail stores;
- 19% had searched for coupons;
- 12% had browsed through a merchant’s products;
- 12% had sought customer or expert ratings and reviews while in a store;
- 10% had found a store with GPS;
- 9% had used a mobile bar code to learn more about products; and
- 8% had received text-messages about product promotions.