TheFind, a comparison shopping engine, released some statistics on mobile shopping sessions for this past Thanksgiving weekend. TheFind offers a mobile site as well as iPhone and Android apps.
The highlights include:
- 25% of its traffic came from mobile devices. That’s up 10 percentage points from 15% of all shopping visits for Thanksgiving weekend in 2009;
- Total number of mobile shopping sessions increased 460% from Thanksgiving weekend last year;
- Nearly half used the bar code scanner to scan a bar code of an item and search for prices across the web;
- The items most frequently scanned in stores include electronics and video games; and
- 300% more consumers use its iPhone app than its Android app.
Does your business offer your customers mobile apps and a mobile site?