This MarketingSherpa case study shows how Makana Solutions, a Software as a Service company that helps organizations perform sales compensation planning, increased website traffic 200 percent, tripled the lead generation rate, and doubled the lead conversion rate within 3 months.
Its’ biggest hurdle was that their online service was a new category for most prospects, who set sales compensation goals and plan for those expenses using manual processes. Since few prospects knew the software-as-a-service solution was available, they weren’t actively looking for it.
Makana Solutions revamped their website as an online destination for sales compensation planning best practices and practical advice. They captured leads through online registration forms and using targeted email follow-ups, they moved those prospects into free trials that could be monitored by the sales team for possible subscription conversion.
Here are the seven steps they used to create and manage the strategy:
- Create content for planning best practices;
- Optimize website around high-value search terms;
- Boost inbound links to improve search rankings;
- Paid search advertising to supplement SEO efforts;
- Follow up on Web leads;
- Add lead information to CRM system for sales calls; and
- Continually monitor keyword and outbound campaign results.
Three months after adopting the strategy:
- Website traffic increased 200%;
- Lead generation rate tripled; and
- Lead conversion rate doubled.
SEO efforts have been a major reason for the boost, and paid search has dropped from 75 percent to 30 percent of traffic.
Could these SEO and lead capture strategies improve your website traffic, lead generation and lead conversion rates?