Interesting Marketing Stories from Around the Web
Marketing Munch offers interesting online, mobile, and offline marketing stories from 200+ leading news, market research, and marketing sites around the web.
Who Is It For?
- CEOs, marketing officers/managers/executives, media planners/buyers of small and medium online/offline enterprises;
- Local business owners;
- Direct & mobile marketers;
- PPC, SEO, Internet, and affiliate marketers;
- College/university marketing students; and
- Anyone who’s job has anything to do with marketing strategies or implementations.
Companies/Brands We Cover
Topics We Cover
Check out the column of topic tags on the right.
What We Cover
- Interesting online, mobile and offline marketing news, stories, trends, market research, and business models.
- Clever marketing concepts.
- Creative advertising.
- Classic marketing stories from the past.
- Inspiring marketing/business success stories.
- Actionable tested marketing strategies/techniques.
- Productivity maximizing marketing software, products and apps.
- Thought provoking marketing books.
- Popular marketing events/conferences/seminars.
- Entertaining marketing content.
What We Don’t Cover
- Get-rich-quick stuff.
- Multi-Level Marketing.
- Executive hires.
- Venture Capital fundings.
- Company earnings.
Some of Our Sources
Here are a few of the 200+ leading news sources that we monitor.
Send an email to ‘email at marketing munch dot com’. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Marketing Munch Pty Ltd
PO Box 2578
Our Founder: Michael Wong
Michael has over a decade of experience in the internet industry. During this time he has founded two companies, sold a website to a SoftBank funded start-up, wrote and self-published one of the first ebooks on search engine optimization, and delivered millions of dollars in affiliate revenue to his clients.
Michael has years of hands-on experience with affiliate marketing, writing, web application development, SEO, AdWords, HTML, CSS, and project management.
Michael loves spending his spare time with his family, and reading books on business, entrepreneurs, ecommerce, advertising, marketing, social economics, psychology, and self improvement.
Michael lives with his wife and son in Sydney, Australia.
Learned about the Internet in a computer magazine.
Launched his first website which sold imported reproduction old masters oil paintings.
2000 (United States)
Joined iBoost.com as co-Editor-in-Chief managing a team of content writers.
2002 (Hong Kong)
Wrote and self-published one of the first ebooks (no longer for sale) on search engine optimization, which sold over 3,000 copies earning over $100,000 in direct profits, and probably more indirectly.
Launched Mikes-Marketing-Tools.com which attracted almost 350,000 unique visitors and 1.8 million page views in 2009.
Delivered millions of dollars in affiliate revenue to clients, primarily using Google AdWords, with majority of products and services in the internet marketing niche.
Produced Missy Flowers, a website that helps convenience-seeking consumers find and compare 3000+ quality delivered flowers, plants and gourmet gifts by America’s leading flower sites, such as 1-800-Flowers and FTD.
Developed the Marketing Munch blog, a daily updated marketing blog where I hand-pick the latest and most interesting online, mobile, and offline marketing news and stories, from 200+ leading news sources, market research, and marketing sites around the web.
Books Mike Really Enjoyed
If you click on a book link below and subsequently buy a book from Amazon.com, we will receive a small commission which will go towards helping support Marketing Munch.
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose by Tony Hsieh
- Rework by Jason Fried & David H Hansson
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E Gerber
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Success by Achieving More with Less by Richard Koch
- Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat by Michael Masterson
- Upstarts!: How GenY Entrepreneurs are Rocking the World of Business and 8 Ways You Can Profit from Their Success by Donna Fenn
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss – I haven’t yet read the new expanded and updated edition with over 100 new pages of content.
- The Pirate’s Dilemma: How Youth Culture Is Reinventing Capitalism by Matt Mason
- Grinding It Out: The Making Of McDonald’s by Ray Kroc
- Peak: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow by Chip Conley
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B Cialdini
- Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind by Al Ries & Jack Trout
- Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples
- Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability by Steve Krug
- Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust by Chris Brogan & Julien Smith
- Call to Action: Secret Formulas to Improve Online Results by Bryan & Jeffrey Eisenberg
- Hug Your Customers: The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results by Jack Mitchell
- How to Write a Good Advertisement by Victor O Schwab
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Wisdom of Crowds James Surowiecki
- The Paradox of Choice: Why More Is Less by Barry Schwartz
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
- Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely – There is a new revised and expanded edition.
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets by Nassim Nicholas Taleb